Hotels in Alentejo, Portugal - Continued
FEATURED HOTELS, ALENTEJO, PORTUGAL
for more hotels in Crato and surrounding areas
is a municipality in Portugal with a total area of 398.0 km² and a
total population of 3,995 inhabitants. The municipality is composed of
6 parishes, and is located in Portalegre District. The present Mayor is
José Correia Luz, elected by the Socialist Party. The municipal
holiday is Easter Monday.
Convento D'Alter, Alter Do Chao, near Crato
The Hotel Convento D'Alter
is a restored 16th century convent, three kilometres from the famous Coudelaria
de Alter and its horse museum. Guests can relax with drinks in the bar,
take a swim in the hotel's outdoor pool or order light meals from the 24-hour
room service menu. In the terrace bar diners can enjoy snack and light
meals, served amongst the ancient architecture. Those guests wishing to
catch up on emails or surf the web can take advantage of the hotel's Internet
access. The front desk has a safe-deposit box for storing valuables and
the nearby parking facilities are free of charge. The small historical
villages of Crato and Fronteira are both 15 kilometres from the hotel.
It is 35 kilometres to Portalegre with its beautiful manors and ancient
do Crato - Flor da Rosa, Crato
A castle, a convent and
a palace, built in different periods, were the origin of this ecclesiastical
architectural work of outstanding harmony, today a luxury hotel in Crato.
The former Knights of the Order of Malta's monastery, is surrounded in
medieval mysticism. Flor da Rosa Pousada manages to combine the genuine
characteristics of the convent, highlighting them with an architectural
project, which although modern, entirely respects its origins.
FEATURED HOTELS, ALENTEJO, PORTUGAL
for more hotels in Elvas and surrounding areas
city of Elvas is located near the border between Portugal and Spain and
is on the main highway between Lisbon and Madrid. It is believed that the
town has been originally developed by the Romans and it has suffered many
conflicts in its history. It was liberated from the occupying Moors in
1229 and since that date in a period of some 600 years, it suffered numerous
attacks and was the subject of peace treaties between the neighbouring
Spain. During the War of Independence between the two countries (1640-1668),
the battle of Linhas de Elvas in 1659 was notable for the decisive defeat
of the invading Spanish who had besieged the Portuguese army in the town
and was then successfully relieved by Portuguese troops from Estremoz.
In its more recent history its claim to fame was when it was used by the
Duke of Wellington as his headquarters in his siege of the neighbouring
Spanish town of Badajos.
Hotel Dom Luis, Elvas
The Exclusive Hotel Dom
Luis is located in central Elvas, Portugal, five kilometres from Elvas
Castle. The Photograph Museum is three kilometres away and Badajoz Cathedral
is 17 kilometres from the hotel. This hotel has three onsite conference
rooms and a 24 hour front desk. There are also air-conditioned public areas
and complimentary parking. Bar Dom Luis at Exclusive Hotel Dom Luis serves
meals and a complimentary breakfast. The 85 guestrooms are all air conditioned
and include televisions with satellite channels. There are coffee and tea
facilities and telephones. The private bathrooms include hair dryers.
de Elvas - Santa Luzia, Elvas
Opened in 1942, the Santa
Luzia Pousada was the first of the Pousadas de Portugal and is a fine example
of typical Alentejo architecture. António Ferro, a Portuguese poet
that created this netting, had the vision of distinctive, rare and typically
Portuguese hotels. Peaceful, gracious elengant places. Today, this
charming hotel in Elvas offers its guests not only all possible comfort
but also the best Alentejo cuisine, especially the renowned bacalhau dourado
(golden codfish), or its famous dish of pork trotters in a coriander marinade.
The city is located near the border between Portugal and Spain and is on
the main highway between Lisbon and Madrid.
de Santo Antonio, Elvas
Quinta de Santo Antonio
is located seven kilometres from the fortified town of Elvas, Portugal,
and seven kilometres from the 16th-century Amoreira Aqueduct. The Spanish
city of Badajoz is 10 kilometres east. The nearest train station is at
Elvas. Quinta de Santo Antonio is situated in a large country estate, dating
from the 17th century. Guests can wander through landscaped gardens or
relax with a drink on the sun terrace by the pool, overlooking the olive
groves. Currency exchange is provided at the 24-hour front desk where multilingual
staff are on hand to assist with travel and tourist arrangements. Childcare
and laundry services can be arranged and complimentary parking is available.
A complimentary buffet-style breakfast is offered each morning. Portuguese
and international dishes are served in the traditional decor of the A Quinta
restaurant. Drinks are available from the poolside bar and room service
is provided around the clock.
FEATURED HOTEL, ALENTEJO, PORTUGAL
is a city located in Estremoz Municipality in Alentejo Region in Portugal.
Together with the two other marble towns, Borba and Vila Viçosa,
Estremoz is internationally known for its fine to medium-grained marble
that occurs in several colours: white, cream, pink, grey or black and streaks
with any combination of these colours. Especially the pink marble (Rosa
Aurora and Estremoz Pink) is in high demand.
for more hotels in Estremoz and surrounding areas
de Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel, Estremoz
The castle of Estremoz is
the result of the restoration of the magnificent Palace that King D. Diniz
built for his wife, Queen Santa Isabel. In the sixties, the castle, became
a luxury hotel named after the Queen. The Pousada Estremoz, Rainha Santa
Isabel, has the finest decor including museum pieces, several rooms still
maintain characteristics of the 18th century. From the private palace
gardens and swimming pool, you have the most superb view over the city
of Estremoz and the vast Alentejo plain.
FEATURED HOTELS, ALENTEJO, PORTUGAL
for more hotels in Évora and surrounding areas
|The city of
is located in Évora Municipality, Portugal. The city is composed
of the parishes of Santo Antão, São Mamede and Sé
e São Pedro in the historical centre and the urban parishes of Bacelo,
Horta das Figueiras, Malagueira and Senhora da Saúde outside the
ancient city walls
is ranked number 2 in the Portuguese most livable cities survey of living
conditions published yearly by Expresso. It was ranked first in a study
concerning competitiveness of the 18 Portuguese district capitals, according
to a 2006 study made by Minho University economic researchers. Due to its
well-preserved old town centre, still partially enclosed by medieval walls,
and a large number of monuments dating from various historical periods,
including a Roman Temple, Évora is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
do Espinheiro Heritage Hotel & Spa, Évora
The Convento do Espinheiro
Heritage Hotel & Spa is a whitewashed, converted 15th-century convent,
situated three kilometres from the World Heritage site of Evora city centre.
There is a choice of dining options, including: the Divinus gourmet restaurant
located in the old wine- cellar, the Pulpitus Bar set in the monks' old
kitchen, and the Arcada Restaurant situated in the convent's tranquil cloisters.
Guests can enjoy a range of massage treatments, take a dip in the indoor
pool, and relax in the Turkish bath and sauna. Valet parking is available
for those arriving by car, and there are porters to help with luggage.
The hotel is well placed to explore the surrounding area; the Sé
de Évora cathedral and Évora Museum are both 2.5 kilometres
away, and it is 40 kilometres to the traditional villages of Arrailos and
De Ar Muralhas (Ex. Hotel Da Cartuxa), Évora
Located in Evora - a World
Heritage Site - M'AR De AR Muralhas is a traditional Portuguese hotel set
amidst 14th century city walls. Guests can suntan on loungers beside the
swimming pool that overlooks the garden and 14th century city walls, or
rent a bicycle to explore the surrounding historical area. Those with business
needs have use of a number of well-equipped, inter-connecting conference
rooms which can seat a maximum of 500 delegates. In the evening, guests
can enjoy regional Portuguese and international fare in the Cerca Nova
restaurant, or relax with a drink and listen to live music at the poolside
bar. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with booking
wine tours, local gastronomy classes and any sightseeing queries. Nearby
attractions include the Megalith cave tour which starts 450 metres away,
and the Templo Diana, an ancient Roman church, is 1 kilometre away.
browsing hotels in Alentejo
de Évora Lóios, Évora
This luxury hotel is located
in the heart of historic the centre of Evora, a city classified by UNESCO
as World Heritage. The Pousada Evora, Convent of Loios, was originally
a convent and one of Évora's most precious architectural buildings.
On 1965 the convent opens its doors as a Pousada de Portugal, the former
cells of the Cónegos Regrantes (the congregation faithfull), were
converted into luxury decorated rooms, being all different from each other.
Staying at the Pousada of Loios is reliving history itself in each stone,
each glance and each object.
to Portugal Home Page
& Central Europe
Page | Andorra
and Herzegovina | Bulgaria
Republic | Estonia
Republic | Slovenia
Copyright © All Europe
Latest update: May 11, 2010