city of eastern Belgium near the Dutch and German borders. First mentioned
in 558, it was a noted intellectual center in the Middle Ages. Liège
was held by France from 1794 to 1815 and by the Netherlands from 1815 to
1830. Located at the confluence of the Meuse and Ourthe rivers, it was
inhabited in prehistoric times and was known to the Romans as Leodium.
It became a town when St. Hubert transferred his see there in 721, and
it was noted as a centre of learning in the Middle Ages. Annexed to France
in 1795, it was later assigned with the rest of Belgium to The Netherlands
in 1815. A centre of the successful revolt for Belgian independence in
1830, it is now an industrial research centre and a major port.
Husa de la Couronne, Liege This hotel is located next
to Liège-Guillemins TGV Railway Station. Husa De La Couronne features
a covered courtyard terrace and free Wi-Fi. It is less than a 15-minute
walk from Liège city centre. Flat-screen satellite TV, a seating
area and work desk are provided in the rooms at Hotel Husa De La Couronne
Liege. Each room also has free wired internet access. This design hotel
is situated in the business district and benefits from a 24-hour front
desk and secretarial services. Hotel Husa De La Couronne is a 10-minute
drive from Liège Airport. Golf Club de Liège-Bernalmont is
7 km away. Bus lines 1 and 4 pass in front of the hotel and connect to
the centre of Liège.